- 2018.10.15: A half-day tutorial titled "Power-Aware Testing in the Era of IoT"
was presented by Prof. P. Girard of LIRMM (France) and Prof. Wen at the 26th Asian Test Symposium, in Hefei, China.
- 2018.10.2: Mr. Flroain Neugebauer, a Ph.D. Student at University of Stuttgart, Germany,
arrived on KIT Iizuka Campus for a half-year research visit to the Wen Lab.
- 2018.9.16: Dr. Aibin Yan, a Lecturer at Anhui University, Heifei, China, arrived in Fukuoka for a one-year research visit to the Wen Lab.
- 2018.9.13: Prof. Wen and Prof. Hoslt met with Prof. Alex Orailoglu of University of California - San Diego in Fukuoka.
- 2018.9.9: Two students from the Wen Lab started a two-week research visit to National Sun-Yatsen University.
- 2018.8.24: Prof. Wen attended a meeting for creating a textbook on LSIs at the University of Tokyo.
- 2018.8.20: Prof. Wen gave a keynote titled "Power-Aware Testing for Low-Power VLSI Circuits"
at the Workshop of Artificial Intelligence and Its Applications on Next
Generation of Internet of Things (AINGIOT) in Kitakyushu, Japan.
- 2018.8.15: Dr. Aibin Yan, a research collaborator of Prof. Wen, won the Best Paper Award at the 10th China Test Conference in Harbin, China.
- 2018.7.27: Prof. Wen gave a talk at a Science Cafe event on the Iizuka Campus of Kyushu Institute of Technology.
- 2018.7.21: Mr. Harshad Dhotre, a visiting P.h. D. student from University of Bremen, gave a talk titled "Constraint-based Pattern Retargeting for Reducing Localized
Power Activty during Testing" at the 79th FTC Workshop.
- 2018.7.20: Prof. Holst gave a talk titled "Interactive Logic Diagnosis of Unpredicted Defects in LogicCircuits"
at the 79th FTC Workshop.
- 2018.7.19: Prof. Wen arrived at Kitsuregawa to attend the 79th FTC Workshop (Jul. 19-21, 2018).
- 2018.6.5: Mr. Harshad Dhotre, a P.h. D. student from University of Bremen, started his research visit (6/5/2018-8/16/2018) to the Wen Lab. His research
field is low-power testing of VLSI circuits.
- 2018.5.31: Prof. S. Holst presented the first-ever paper on the impact of defects in a hardened latch, titled
"The Impact of Production Defects on the Soft-Error Tolerance of Hardened
Latches", at the 23rd IEEE European Test Symposium in Bremen, Germany
- 2018.4.18: A welcome party for the new students of the Kajihara-Wen-Miyase research group was held in Iizuka.
- 2018.3.29: Prof. Wen visited Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics and
gave an intived talk titled "Power-Aware LSI Testing: Challenges and Strategies".
- 2018.3.6: The 10th LSI Test Seminar was held in Fukuoka. Researchers and students from five universities attended this
- 2018.3.5: The 2018 Test Spring Seminar, organzied by DISC of Kyushu Institute of Technology, was held in Fukuoka. Two LSI test experts, Mr. Masao Aso from Syswave Corp. and Dr. Masahiro Ishida from Advantest Corp., talked about LSI test basics, advanced practices,
and how to become a good LSI test engineer.
- 2018.2.28: A farewell party was held for graduating students from the LSI Test Research Group at Kyushu
Institute of Technology.
- 2018.2.15: A special seminar was held at Kyutech Plaza in Fukuoka. Prof. Bernd Becker of University of Freiburg (Germany) gave an invited talk titled "Towards Automatic Construction of Algebraic Fault Attacks"
at Kyutech Plaza in Fukuoka. Dr. Miyake from the LSI Test Group at Kyushu Institute of Technology also talked
about his research work on digita tempurature sensors.
- 2018.1.22: The 5th International Symposium on Dependable Integarted Systems, organzied by DISC of Kyushu Institute of Technology, was held on the Iizuka Campus of Kyushu Institute of Technology. In the morning,
Prof. Adit Singh of Auburn University, USA, gave a keynot talk titled "Has Fault Model
Based Structural Test Hit a Brick Wall? Are In-System Tests Unavoidable?"
and Prof. Nguyen Duc Minh of Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam, gave an invited
talk titled "Interval Property Checking for Hardware Design Using
Satisfiability Modulo Theories Solver". In the afternoon, eight research
presentations were made from DISC.
- 2018.1.1: Wish you and your family a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2018!